Decision: Rejected Stats:
- SAT I (by section):
- SAT IIs:
- ACT: 25 - 10 Essay (my downfall)
- APs: US - 4, Eng. Lang. - 3 , Government, Statistics, Chemistry, Literature
- GPA: 90%
- Rank: top 13%
- Other stats:
[ b]Subjective:[ /b]
- ECs listed on app: Editor-in-chief of school paper, vice-pres of EHS, president of Journalism Honor Society, member of NHS and music honor society. Various cello awards.
- Job/Work Experience: worked at library over summer.
- Essays (subject and responses): common app on teaching a child how to read during my job at library, supplement on my love for acting out harry potter movies as a child and quidditch and how I first found out about Vassar through their quidditch team on youtube, ending it with hoping Vassar becomes my broom. I also sent a collage of my newspaper articles for the YourSpace.
- Teacher Recs: one from AP English teacher and one from an old English teacher/newspaper adviser - they seemed to think highly of me.
- Counselor Rec: she said she had a lot to say?
- Applied on: late December
- Hook (if any): URM - Puerto Rican
- State or Country: New York City
- School Type, Average Stats of School (if available): Crappy Public.
- Ethnicity: Hispanic
- Gender: Male
[ b]General Comments/Congratulations/Venting/Commiserations,etc:[ /b] Congrats to everyone. I sincerely hoped my essay would outweigh my terrible ACT score, I guess my numbers weren't enough. Still, the Adcom did have to pick 660 students out of 7,800 - so it must have been difficult. It just hurts when your dream school rejects you - should have ED'd. HAVE FUN GUYS!