03-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Join Date: Jan 2010
| | Decision: ACCEPTED Stats:
- SAT I (by section): 800 CR, 690 M, 800 W
- SAT IIs: 630 Chem, 690 Math II, 750 Lit, 750 US History
- APs: US History - 5, currently taking AB Calc and Biology
- GPA: 3.89 UW
- Rank: School does not rank (but I would guess top 15% or 10%)
- ECs listed on app: Community theater, school theater, vocal training, leader of sexuality and gender awareness club
- Job/Work Experience: Two years in food industry
- Essays (subject and responses): Common App essay was about learning to accept the tentativeness of the future. My "How Did You Learn About Vassar" essay was about the importance of curiosity and adventure in a college environment.
- Teacher Recs: One from English, one from biology. Both were really good, I would think.
- Counselor Rec: My college counselor really likes me, so I'm guessing good.
- Applied on: 12/22
- Hook (if any): I suppose they could have figured out that I'm gay, but it wasn't featured very prominently in my app. I submitted some poetry for My Space (okay, so maybe the gay thing was obvious. Hah, I kid) with some pretty quirky commentary.
- State or Country: Connecticut
- School Type, Average Stats of School (if available): Private, mildly competitive. We send a few people to top schools every year.
- Ethnicity: White
- Gender: Male
Vassar may very well end up being my destination for next year. I couldn't be happier that I applied.