YD accepted as transfer to Mt. Holyoke and Smith.
She is still awaiting decisions from Brown, Amherst, Barnard, and Boston College.
Both Smith and Mt. Holyoke want decisions by May 1.
None of the other schools will give THEIR decisions until after May 1.
She contacted those schools, and the suggested she ask Smith and Mt. Holyoke for an extension.
Is that typical, for a transfer student to ask for an extension to make a decision?