OK, here's some advice/opinions from a 40-something former Grad. Student at LSU who still lives in the area. E.*J. Ourso College of Business | Prospective Student LSU School Of Veterinary Medicine
Requirements for the Business program are fairly straightforward - I have no inside information on the Vet program, except that I know entrance is very competitive.
1. Areas right around campus vary. The campus itself is alright.
2. Has a good rep, AFAIK
3. There are plenty of things to do outside of sorority life.
4. You can work hard and play hard at LSU - the exact proportion varies, depending on the individual and the program.
5. There are plenty of things to eat in BR besides seafood.
6. I think there's a niche for just about anyone with a good attitude.
Hopefully some current undergrads will chime in shortly...