12-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South Jersey
| | Decision: Accepted Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): 2250, 790 CR, 720 M, 740 W
- ACT: N/A
- SAT II: 740 Math II, 760 US History, 570 Physics (ouch)
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): Not quite sure. Weighted is 99.8
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): Top 10%
- AP (place score in parenthesis): US History (5)
- IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
- Senior Year Course Load: enrolled in AP English Lang & Comp, AP Calculus BC, AP German, and AP Physics
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): 2010 AATG Scholarship winner (one of 39 nationwide)
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): President of audiovisual team
- Job/Work Experience: Babysit daily for 8-year-old
- Volunteer/Community service: Volunteer at childrens art class
- Summer Activities:
- Essays: Common App on how I wanted to be a cat when I was little. My supplement was about all of the clubs and programs I could see myself joining at Penn.
- Teacher Recommendation: Physics teacher who loves me and english teacher with whom I had some conflict, but I really enjoyed her class and I figured I'd give it a shot.
- Counselor Rec: My counselor loves me
- Additional Rec:
- Interview: I thought it went really well. She seemed very impressed.
- State (if domestic applicant): New Jersey
- Country (if international applicant):
- School Type: Public, 750 students. Send anywhere between 10 and 20 kids to Ivys every year.
- Ethnicity: White European
- Gender: Female
- Income Bracket:
- Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.):
General Comments: AAAAAHHHHH GUYS I'M SO HAPPY
- Strengths: Girl applying to engineering department, obviously very passionate about Penn and about intended major (mechanical engineering)
- Weaknesses: Applying to engineering department with 570 Physics SAT II...
- Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: God knows.
- Where else were you accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Accepted at Drexel. Was still waiting on UC Berkeley