12-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Join Date: May 2010
| | Decision: Accepted Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): 2390; 800 CR & W, 790 M
- ACT: N/A
- SAT II: 800 Chemistry, Bio M, World History
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 1/445
- AP (place score in parenthesis): 5 in World History, US History, Environmental Science, Calc BC, Spanish Language, Chemistry, Bio, English Language
- IB (place score in parenthesis): N/A
- Senior Year Course Load: Calculus II and III at Georgia Tech, miscellaneous APs
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): Nothing really, other than National AP Scholar and National Merit Semifinalist
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Mainly fencing (got recruited for Stanford team), with some other clubs, but nothing significant other than captain of academic and science bowl teams (3rd in state)
- Job/Work Experience: Intern at organic farming cooperative, two summers at private medical practices
- Volunteer/Community service: Literally none, unless you count fencing refereeing and that unpaid internship
- Summer Activities: Fencing training, working at aforementioned private practices
- Essays: Stellar
- Common App Main: About self-teaching myself piano over the course of four years
- EC Short Answer: About how fencing taught me patience
- "Profile" questions: Honest above all else
- Intellectual Vitality Essay: About internship
- Letter to Roommate Essay: Very honest, and I felt good about it. A little bit of humor, focused on my Russian first-generation immigrant background
- What matters to you and why? Essay: Great essay about time, and how it's important to me not to waste it
- Teacher Recommendation: No clue, assume good things
- Counselor Rec: She barely knows me. Public schools...
- Additional Rec: N/A
- Interview: Great. Was scheduled for an hour, guy missed an appointment to stay longer. Very interesting and had a good time.
- Applied for Financial Aid?: Yes
- Intended Major: Not a damn clue. But definitely going premed.
- State (if domestic applicant): Georgia
- Country (if international applicant): N/A
- School Type: Public magnet
- Ethnicity: White
- Gender: Male
- Income Bracket: 80k
- Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Recruited athlete
- Strengths: Recruited athlete, good academics, essays
- Weaknesses: Not many extracurriculars outside of fencing
- Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: Combination of academics and essays, and of course, I was recruited.
Best of luck to all of you, and I can't wait to meet those of you who end up going to Stanford!