12-14-2011, 06:14 PM
Join Date: Aug 2010
| | Decision: Rejected
Pick one: Trinity College of Arts and Sciences Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): Did not send.
- ACT: 32 (33 composite)
- SAT II: 750 Math I 730 Chem
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 94%, 98%W
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 60/570
- AP (place score in parenthesis): AP Chem (4) AP Physics (3) AP Calc AB (4)
- Senior Year Course Load: AP Bio, AP Latin IV, AP Calc BC, *H Biochem
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis):
Latin Club – 9, 10, 11, 12 (Scriba 12)
Key Club – 10, 11, 12
NHS – 11, 12
NLHS – 11, 12
Rugby Club – 9
School Soccer – 9
THON - 9,10,11,12 (Committee member 11, Technology Chair 12)
- Leadership Experience:
Junior Class Vice President
Senior Class Treasurer
THON Technology Chair
Latin Club Scriba
Attended Rotary Youth Leadership Conference
- Job/Work Experience:
Wegmans Food Company – 11, 12 (15 hours per weekend stocking shelves)
Universal Protective Packaging – 11, 12 (10 hours per week unloading trucks)
- Volunteer/Community service:
National Honors Society: 40 hours by graduation
Bethany Village Retirement Home: 250+ Hours by graduation
Notre Dame Club of Harrisburg: Several events such as working soup kitchens
Ronny Powley Center: Helped distribute donated foods to poor families
Helped count Sundays' collections for my church (8+ weeks per year)
- Summer Activities:
2 Internships - one sophomore summer and one senior summer.
Senior summer - Research at Columbia University for 8 weeks on Kidney cells.
Sophomore summer - worked in the office of the speaker of the house for my state for 9 weeks
- Essays: Eh.
- Teacher Recommendation: Math + science teachers, should have been decent
- Counselor Rec: Great - she likes me a lot
- Additional Rec: Letter from the doctor I worked under this past summer, its really good
- Interview: Very good! My interviewer said she had a great time and that I'd be a great fit for Duke.
- State (if domestic applicant): PA
- School Type: Large Public High School
- Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): Research?
- Strengths: Extra Currics,
- Weaknesses: Gpa / class rank / essays
- Why you think you were accepted/deferred/rejected: GPA/Class rank really can't compare to others who where admitted.
Kinda sad.. but its not the end of the world. It was meant to be.. congrats to those who were accepted!!