Pick one: Decision: Accepted Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): M: 650 R: 760 W: 740 (2150, second time).....first time was a 2050 with M: 610 W: 710 R: 730
- ACT: 30
- SAT II: Math II : 650 US History: 700 Literature: 600 (took SAT II junior year but taking literature class senior year)
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.92
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): 1/95
- AP (place score in parenthesis): Junior Year-
Eng Lang (5), USHist (4), Calc AB (5), Macro Econ (4)
Sophomore year - World Hist (3)
- Senior Year Course Load: AP Calc BC, AP Physics C, AP Eng Literature, AP European History, computer course w/ community college (required course), Health Education (required course), AP Psychology
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): AP Scholar w/ Distinction, Questbridge College Prep Scholar, National Achievement Semifinalist
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Debate (LD) - Captain, various national, state, and local awards Concert Band (Bassoon) w/ multitude of state and local awards, Mu Alpha Theta (VP, tutoring peers), started a debate team w/ friends at an elementary school, various church projects (including teaching sunday school), National Honor Society (President, also various service events, especially tutoring for freshmen)
- Job/Work Experience: worked at law firm over summer through local bar association, reference desk clerk at a library
- Volunteer/Community service: (see extracurriculars)
- Summer Activities: debate camps, library work, church work, math/science camps
- Essays: common app, yale supplement, short takes - all were good in my opinion and reflected my sense of self (which was easier to convey on paper than in person )
- Teacher Recommendation: one was from law teacher/assist debate coach ... the other was from my physics teacher...I waived my right to read them but have known all my teachers/counselor since fresh yr except for physics which I have known for 2 yrs)
- Counselor Rec: (see above)
- Additional Rec: n/a
- Interview: pleasant and interesting....
[ b]Other[/b][list][*] Applied for Financial Aid?: yes
[*] Intended Major: ethics, politics, and economics
[*] State (if domestic applicant): tx
[*] School Type: selective magnet school
[*] Ethnicity: african-american
[*] Gender: female
[*] Income Bracket: <$65,000
[*] Hooks (URM, first generation college, etc.): .....
[ /list][ b]Reflection[/b]
- Strengths: my passion for the things I do/participate in was evident in my essays...
- Weaknesses: typo on the word "psychology" in one part of common app with the current year course load (it was correct everywhere else on the app, so it was obvious that it was intially a typo)....other than that, it's difficult to objectively evaluate myself
- Why you think you were accepted/deferred/denied: only God knows why...
[ b]General Comments:[/b]...thank God for blessing me with acceptance to yale...i think it is a place where I can further explore myself and hope to grow as a person...congratulations to those accepted and I'm sure God has a plan for those who were deferred or rejected