02-19-2012, 02:53 AM
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Missouri. :l
| | Decision: Accepted Objective:
- ACT: 31 composite, 32 superscore.
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 3.99383, A- in PE.
- Rank: 2/95!?!? I was 4/96 when I applied. It might just be a mistake with the school's site.
- Senior Year Course Load: Calculus, Anatomy, Physics, English Composition (and Foods 2, Honors Study Hall, School Service, Computer Imaging, Psychology, 20th Century History)
- Major Awards: Uhh... I think none...
- Extracurriculars: Speech, scholar bowl, TREND, NHS, stage crew
- Job/Work Experience: Temporary job, about 10 days at a fabric sample place.
- Volunteer/Community service: A fair amount of volunteering I never logged, 64 hours in New Orleans.
- Summer Activities: NOLA volunteer trips in '10, '11.
- Essays: Umm, well, I wrote just the Common App essay. Probably quite unlike other essays.
- Teacher Recommendation: Probably pretty good, had the teacher all throughout middle school and for the NOLA trips.
- Counselor Rec: I have no idea.
- Additional Rec: None.
- Interview: None.
- Applied for Financial Aid?: Absolutely.
- Intended Major: I don't know... pre-med and biology?
- State (if domestic applicant): Missouri.
- School Type: Rural public, ~400 students.
- Ethnicity: Asian-American (born in US and all that jazz)
- Gender: Female.
- Income Bracket: Lower middle class?
- Hooks: First generation college, I don't really know what interested them so much.
- Strengths: Determination, I guess. My grades at my school are fine, but the classes are SO easy...
- Weaknesses: My school didn't give me many options (literally no IB or AP classes), my Spanish teacher quit so I couldn't get the weighted classes German students got, aaand writing is NOT my forte.
- Why you think you were accepted: I guess they saw opportunity in me.
From this, it looks like I was a long shot. My transcript doesn't show any spectacular classes, and I don't have officer roles in any of my extra-curriculars. But I think it was pretty clear I was self-motivated to pursue an education and live a different life from my parents and brother. I guess it also helps I'm a halfsies and I'm from the middle of nowhere, so I add to the school's diversity... though I'm sure it already has a TON of Asians.
Last edited by Sssarah; 02-19-2012 at 03:08 AM.