I've been reading CC for years, but I just finally decided to make an account. Haha, hope college admissions are going good for all you guys! Decision: Accepted Objective:
- SAT I (breakdown): 800 M, 760 W, 710 R
- ACT: 36!
- SAT II (if submitted): Math II 800, US History 800, Chemistry 800
- Unweighted GPA (out of 4.0): 4.0
- Rank (percentile if rank is unavailable): N/A
- AP (place score in parenthesis): 5's in AP Calc AB, BC, USH, Euro, Chem and a 4 in AP Lang
- Senior Year Course Load: AP Spanish, AP Lit, AP Gov, AP Macro, IB Environmental, Tennis, AP Psych, and self-studying Multivariable Calc
- Major Awards (USAMO, Intel etc.): none HAHA unless you count being a candidate for US Presidential Scholar or the AP scholar thing?
- Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis): Team HBV (VP), National Honor Society, Varsity Tennis
- Job/Work Experience: summer internship at New York Life Insurance
- Volunteer/Community service: does NHS count? :P
- Essays: great!
- Applied for Financial Aid?: No
- Intended Major: Math/Econ
- State (if domestic applicant): CA
- School Type: Public, 600+ class size
- Ethnicity: Chinese B)
- Gender: F
- Income Bracket: >$200k
- Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.): None
- Strengths: Definitely the grades/test scores. My essays were good at showing my personality too.
- Weaknesses: Weak extracurriculars. Probably going to screw me over for my other schools.
- Why you think you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected: (See strengths)
Either way, approach acceptances and rejections in an optimistic view! I got rejected from my ED school, and I'm honestly so glad because it opened my eyes to other choices. But for those that got accepted to their top choices, good job and have fun!