Transfer and not sure which school yet, what to do about i-20 and SEVIS?
I am an international student (I am Canadian if that matters, on F1) about to finish my AA right now, and am in the process of transferring to a different school.
I got accepted to Northeastern University, but I also applied to University of Miami and they haven't released their decisions yet.
I was told by my current school that I only have 16 days after the end of the semester to transfer my SEVIS record to the new school, and that I must do the transfer process and provide proof that I got accepted to the new school immediately (or very soon, semester ends next week).
I am not sure as to where I will attend until I get the decisions from UM:
Can I send my SEVIS to two universities?
Can I transfer to one school and request a new I-20 from the other school and then decide which one to attend?
What do I do if I transfer the SEVIS to Northeastern and then I decide to go to UM (my main concern)?