Finally have a final application list. Chances? I'll chance back.
After waaay too much time spent exploring colleges, I finally have a list of schools I plan on applying to this fall. I felt this bittersweet sense of closure as I made what seems to be my final change to my microsoft word list, and so I decided to post what will hopefully be my last chance thread. This feels weird. ANYWAYS... I'd really appreciate any type of input as to what types of things I should expect a little later down the line from the following schools:
Princeton SCEA (heh.. no chance)
Stanford RD (I know, I know. I can dream though, right?)
University of Southern California
(Safeties are excluded, automatic admission to UT due to class rank works for me)
Here are my stats:
Basic stuff/possible diversity
- White Senior Male in Austin, Texas
- First Generation College Student.
- English is my second language
GPA and Rank
- Weighted GPA: 106.84 (weird 100 point scale..)
- Unweighted GPA: 4.0
- Class Rank: 1/517 at a pretty competitive Public High School.
AP's and Honors Coursework/Grades
- AP World History-A/A - 5 on exam
- AP Chemistry- A+/A+ 5 on exam
- AP English 3- A/A 5 on exam
- AP U.S History- A+/A+ 5 on exam
- AP Spanish Language- A+/A+ didn't take exam.
- AP Computer Science- A/A 4 on exam
- all other classes are Honors Classes (bio, trig, physics, etc...) with A+
Writing- 740 (10 Essay)
*These are superscored. I have taken it twice. I probably won't send these.
PSAT- 225, should hopefully be NMSF in Texas.
World History 770
Math 2-720 (will retake)
Elected Class Office Positions
- Sophomore Class President
- Junior Class VP
- Student Body President Senior Year
State-wide Science Competition(UIL)
-3 years participation
-Team Captain for two years
-Qualified for regionals this year.
-first place at invitationals, top 5 at district
State-wide Social Studies Competition(UIL)
-2 years Team Captain
- First Place Team at District level, qualified for regionals
- first individually at District level
Social Events Comittee
- Head for one year (10th Grade)
- Planned a school dance from the bottom up.
- Planned Homecoming events
Community Service Committee
- Head Junior Year
- Sponsored outings to a retirement home
- Organized a school-wide coat drive
- Organized other outings to marathons and other community stuff
- Member 3 years. (Elected)
- We sit with the principal once a month and discuss campus issues.
- Will be student body chair this
National Honor Society
- Member 3 years
- Officer 1 year
- Elected as Liason to Student Council/Public Relations Chair
- Overseeing special needs committee as a committee co-head.
Will be sitting on school board next year.
Camp counselor at a residential weekend camp for kids with special needs one weekend a month.
-I really, really enjoy this. I'll probably incorporate it into my essay.
- Employed as a cashier at Chick Fil-A (3 months)
- Tutor at a summer program for elementary schools (3 months)
- UT Honors Colloquium
- Camp counselor at a residential camp for children with special needs (2 weeks)
Thanks a bunch. I WILL chance back, and I really appreciate input, good or bad.