Type: High school senior
High School: Small but high-ranked in college town
SAT: 2180 (800 CR, 670 Math, 710 Writing; I've only taken it once)
SAT II: Literature (690), US History (740)
AP: US Gov't (5), English Language (5)
- There was a pretty substantial decline in the second semester of my junior year, caused by something that I cannot reasonably talk about on the application. My grades for the first semester of senior year are much, much better, but very few schools will see those.
Rank: I don't know, but in a very competitive high school, probably not as high as I ought to be.
Course Load: Always quite difficult, though my school offers very few APs. Starting Junior year my school lets you take college courses for free at the University in-town, and I've taken many courses there (18 credit hours junior year, on a 3 credit-per-class basis, with 11 more this semester) including several 300-level classes in History, my intended major, doing quite well (one of my recommendations comes from one of my college history professors).
- Honor Roll
- National Merit Semifinalist
- JSA (9-12, President, Vice President)
- Knowledge Bowl (9-12, Captain)
- Drama (11-12)
- Science Bowl (10-11, but probably not this year)
- University of Washington
- Reed College
- Lewis & Clark College*
- Tulane University
- Northwestern University
- Fordham University
- Eugene Lang College*
- Bard College
- Skidmore College
- Trinity College
- Hampshire College
*: Schools with deadlines late enough to see this semester's grades.
Last edited by Barrington; 12-27-2008 at 12:34 AM.