Chances! For RD, Elliot, Honors College
So! Right now, GW is wavering between being my first and second choice school. I'm applying Regular Decision, planning on majoring in International Relations, and would greatly appreciate any type of merit aid (that sticker shock is scary, man), or acceptance into the Honors College.
* SAT I (by section): Math 610 (yikes), CR 760, Writing 770 (2140/ 2400)
* SAT IIs: US History 770, Literature 760, Latin 740
* ACT: None
* APs: US History 4, Eng. Language 5; currently taking Latin (Vergil), US Gov., and Eng. Literature.
* IBs: none
* GPA: 4.0/ 4.3 (weighted, I think)
* Rank: around 15/ 100? At least in the top 20, but technically unranked.
* Other stats: National Merit Commended Student; Gold Medal on National Latin Exam for the past three years.
* ECs listed on app: Orchestra (1st-chair percussion), School Paper (editor-in-cheif), Ministry & Service Team Co-Chair, NHS (treasurer), Independent French study; Latin National Honor Society.
* Job/Work Experience: Volunteer for a cat shelter; worked for Obama campaign.
* Essays (subject and responses): Oh, a lot of crazy stuff. I'm a pretty good writer, though, and I was proud of my essays.
* Teacher Recs: Should be solid, but I didn't read them.
* Counselor Rec: Most likely nice, but generic.
* Applied on: Regular decision
* State or Country: Pennsylvania
* School Type, Average Stats of School (if available): Tiny, private, all-girl's Catholic school. Generally, not many admits to excellent schools, but we typically have good luck with GW.
* Ethnicity: Caucasian
* Gender: Female
Thank you for any feedback!!