Quote: Decision: ACCEPTED Major: Film Production with a minor in Advertising Stats:
- SAT: 2010
- ACT: N/A
- SAT IIs: N/A
- GPA: uw 3.9; w 4.02 (I think...)
- Rank: N/A (my school doesn't rank)
- Other stats: 8 A's and 1 B in my 9 IB courses
- Essays: Chapman essay was about making the finals in a prestigious poetry contest; Dodge essay was a dream about my dream job in which I compared being a director to being the conductor of an orchestra. My film essay was the most painful process I have ever been through. I made the film way ahead of schedule in October but when I showed it to people, they said that it didn't tell them anything about me. Sooo, with two weeks left before the application was due, I started all over with a new film. Thankfully, the criticism had been well-founded as my second film (I think) came out much better than the first. The audio levels are screwed up because my camera broke and couldn't record audio and I had to ADR everything, but Chapman said that they cared more about the story than about the technological skill involved.
- Teacher Recs: My IB Theory of Knowledge teacher loved me, so while I don't know what she wrote specifically, I know that she wrote two pages full of something wonderful; the Creative recommendation was actually written by Harry Cheney, who is a film professor at Chapman. I had worked with him this summer and he had gotten to know me well enough that he could write about my creative talents. Also, I'm sure it was a plus that Harry wrote the letter for his own school :P
- Counselor Rec: My counselor was also my IB English and IB Theatre teacher. She knows me very well, which is both good and bad because I know that she knows several of my more shameful flaws...but I got in so I guess she wrote positive things about me!
- Hook (if any): Well, the first line of my Chapman essay began with me telling my parents that I was pregnant. Then, the second paragraph reveals that the poem I performed in the above mentioned competition was about a woman giving her newly born child up for adoption.
- State or Country: Atlanta, Georgia
- School Type: International Baccalaureate at Public school (but I transferred sophomore year from a private school)
- Ethnicity: white and badly in need of a California tan :P
- Gender: female
my short films are playing at a film festival next month. Does that count? Oh, and this past summer I spent two weeks at Chapman and Dodge as part of an intensive film program. General Comments:
over and out! (I hope all this formating worked!)