A "good" college lol? You need to start being realistic.
If I was in your position, I'd worry about even getting into college at all. Focus on those next two years (esp. junior year), do well on the ACT/SAT (hopefully your as intelligent as you "think" you are), and stop dreaming about what you might become. You're still being ignorant. You need to preform. PROVE that you can get good grades. It would be another story if you were coming here after you had bounced back from a poor start. The question you are posing seems to be screaming: "Is it worth it to put any effort whatsoever into these next two years?" And that bothers me.
Fact is, whatever you seem to have in your head that is a "good" college is probably already out of reach. Furthermore, if you want to succeed in life, here are a list of steps:
1) Stop referencing WWII randomly (incorrectly at that)
2) Get realistic
3) Do well these next two years
4) Go to a college you can excel at (you have a blank slate in college, take advantage)
5) Study like your life depends on it while in college (which it does)
6) Pray you are accepted to med school (or whatever grad school you may wish to pursue)
I am a fan of parenthesis.