OMG you guys made my so nervous so what are my chances at UC Davis i thought my good EC's would make up for my gpa
1. GPA (I know it is under average):
3.5 uw, 3.6 UC gpa, 3.9 gpa weighted. i have taken 12 honors/ap classes freshman to junior year. This year i am taking AP Biology and AP Calculus AB which are the last ap/honors classes my school offers. i have recieved 3 C's in high school 1 in Algebra 2 honors and 2 in spanish 3
2. Test Scores:
1. 31 ACT
2. 700 U.S. History
3. 680 Math 2
4. 3 AP U.S. History
5. 3 AP Psychology
6. 3 AP English Launguage
7. 3 AP Chemistry
3. Personal statements: (i kind of integrated the 4 topics below into my two essays)
1. when i was a freshman my parents got in an accident and i had to start taking care of my whole family. what i mean is that my chores got tripled, i needed to help my parents move through the house, and i had to walk my bro to school before i went. My school and his school are in 2 opposite directions.
2. i also wrote about how the envioronment i grew up in has shaped me to be a strong perservering leader and how people see me as a leader not because of my large frame ( i am 6'4) but because of the attidude and energy i generate when i am in the room.
3. how my parents accident coupled with my volunteering at the hospital has changed my outlook on life and how i found my true calling which is medicine because God has blessed me with intelligence and lots of empathy towards the needy and weak.
4. i also included in my essay a great quote from one of a famous surgeon (i am drawing a blank on his name right now) but it said " i was never the smartest in med school, but what i lacked in ability i made up with through discipline." i think this quote really applies to me and i explained why.
1. 200 hr. at local hospital
2. 100 hr. assistant throwing coach
3. 50 hr. local foodbank
4. 50 hr. Boys and Girls Club
1. 4 year nhs
2. 4 year csf
3. 4 year mesa
4. 4 year track and field (Captain, 4 year varsity, and 2 time defending league champ.)
1. Ap scholar
2. 2008 most improved thrower (made a 45 foot improvement in the discus from freshman year to sopomore year)
3. 2008 League Champion
4. 2009 league champion
- im from california
- im top 10% in my class of 750
- i am male and i know it is a advantage, a small one but an advantage non the less