Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Do colleges look at how many times I took the ACT?

koreankd1koreankd1 Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
edited October 2010 in ACT Preparation
Because tomorrow is going to be my third and I am planning to take it for the 4th time in December. I just want to get the highest score possible. And also, if I take it again in December, will I be able to get my scores to Cal Poly Pomona in time?
Post edited by koreankd1 on

Replies to: Do colleges look at how many times I took the ACT?

• koreankd1koreankd1 Posts: 87Registered User Junior Member
    Bump... Anyone?
  • timmycho0408timmycho0408 Posts: 270Registered User Junior Member
    The colleges actually DO see how many times you took the ACT or SAT just to see how much time you spent on it. If you took it more than two times and still are able to show that you had time to do other things, most likely they will like it. However, just spending your time studying for standardized tests isn't going to be so impressive. I'm from Korea and I took the ACT for the first time on Oct. 23rd. On the other hand, I will be taking my third SAT on Nov. 6th. Still, while preparing for these tests, I also had the time to boost up my EC activities. So, don't worry if you are in the same position as I am. Also, if you are applying early then your December scores will not go. But if you are applying regular, then most probably yes. Good Luck!
  • cjgonecjgone Posts: 1,520- Senior Member
    No... score choice means that you can choose what tests you send. And if you are still paranoid, you can remove whole test days out of your records permanently here:

ACT FAQ : How do I delete a test date record?