Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

October 2012 MATH ACT

Iris0208Iris0208 Posts: 334Registered User Member
edited November 2012 in ACT Preparation
Tangent to circle was that you find the point's coordinates, and use trig.
Post edited by Iris0208 on

Replies to: October 2012 MATH ACT

• pjdinkleypjdinkley Posts: 33Registered User Junior Member
    No there's 60 questions in 60 minutes. I finished all of them.

I put 2-sqrt(2) also, but that's a complete guess.

I can't remember if I put 4 or 16 for the last one, but I solved it by multiplying the first equation by 3 and then adding the two equations together. The first system of equations where x and y were NOT under radicals had nothing to do with the question I think.
  • CYAX27CYAX27 Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    for the pentagon one with the diagonals I got 72 but I kinda guessed; does anyone know how to actually do it?
  • sanguineesanguinee Posts: 806Registered User Member
    That ***** was hard for me
  • wcclirl444wcclirl444 Posts: 543- Member
    Hoping for a 36... What did you guys get for the angle of the line that was tangent to the circle on the graph?
  • christiano241525christiano241525 Posts: 73Registered User Junior Member
    The angle question was easy once you realized the triangle shortcut; the angle divides into two 30 60 90 triangles, leaving the angle to be 30 + 30 = 60. Anybody know how to work last two questions? Scaling predictions
  • karatekid666karatekid666 Posts: 986Registered User Member
    what were the last 2 q's christiano?
    ya, I realized that after about a minute or two. how about we just start a list of all of the Qs and As like usual so everyone can check their answers without having to ask individually.
    last question: it gave you one system of equations and then ask you to solve another. I ran out of time and guessed C/H.

second to last one, I forgot what the question asked. also guessed.
    last one was 4, right??
    What was the question??
    I think you're right; it was 4 (I only know because I talked to someone else and that is what they got). I'm assuming 4 wasn't answer choice C, so I think I got that wrong.

Yes. We should definately compile a list of questions and answers to give us ccers some peace of mind.
  • Toma019Toma019 Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    What was the answer to the question that showed a graph with several sections labeled with letters? Also, I remember that the question had to do with soil and a planting business.
    Toma, the answer for that was quadrants 1 and 4. But, ***WHAT WAS THE QUESTION WITH THE ANSWER OF 4???***
    @wcclirl The last one with the 2 sets of systems of equations..
  • Toma019Toma019 Posts: 30Registered User Junior Member
    Wcclirl, I remember the answer choices to be T only and so on... But not quadrants.