Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

***APRIL 2017 ACT DISCUSSION THREAD***

Replies to: ***APRIL 2017 ACT DISCUSSION THREAD***

• Navy09momNavy09mom Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    I opened a chat with ACT and they said all scores have been uploaded for today. This is beyond ridiculous.
  • weretywerety Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    And I'm sure they gave you the standard 2-8 week answer, but any indication of when the next batch is coming out? My first child took them twice and both times they came out on the first day scores could be reported, so this is really a surprise.
  • dragonmom3dragonmom3 Registered User Posts: 260 Junior Member
    Nothing here in CA.
  • TACOBOOTACOBOO Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I'm in Maryland and I've received all my scores
    Tacoboo, when did you receive yours? They only gave me the standard 8 week response. No other indication. Now we have to wait till Wednesday to see if maybe they get their act together for then.

• jrug1111jrug1111 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    dd's score was available today
    Thanks for the reply. At least some are being released.
  • jrug1111jrug1111 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    I discovered our address online was wrong and corrected it Thursday. I had checked it after reading possible reasons for score delays.
    edited May 8
    Anybody else tired of hearing the ACT word track about the possible 8 weeks of waiting ...that we knew when we signed up for the test.....they are graded randomly.....
    It's a MULTIPLE CHOICE BUBBLE TEST!!
    I kind of feel sorry for the phone operators because they really don't know or do anything.
    Actually makes the College Board look good.
    Absolutely. Just chatted with them. They are releasing another batch tomorrow and again on Friday. Got the standard 2-8 weeks, etc. etc. At least they located my kiddo's records so I knew they hadn't gotten lost.
  • ScN2018ScN2018 Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    I got a 7/12 on the essay and 6-6-5/8s on the sat essay. Do colleges that declare essays optional care about essay scores at all? And do these scores mean I'm a bar writer? I usually do decent on writing in school
    So.....Anybody's status change yet from Registered to Tested (who is still waiting on scores)?
    edited May 9
    nope
    This fiasco really worries me as far as relying on a September test for Early applications!
    Nope. Fingers crossed for something in the morning. I don't want to rely on September. She'll probably retake in June - given what they told me today maybe without knowing her score until a day or two before. Maddening.
    Nothing for us this morning. I guess I'll check in a few hours just in case, then wait for Friday. Getting more ticked off by the minute.