Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

***APRIL 2017 ACT DISCUSSION THREAD***

Replies to: ***APRIL 2017 ACT DISCUSSION THREAD***

• k_03k_03 Registered User Posts: 130 Junior Member
    Mine still says Registered.
  • physicsfuturephysicsfuture Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
    I got a 34 and I'm literally so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ncnrs2bencnrs2be Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    My superscore with this test is now a 30. My 4th and final time taking the ACT. The Math and Science were 33 and 30 but my reading and English went down on the April test. I am very happy now with the super score of 30.
  • swagmoney00swagmoney00 Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    Got a 33. Disappointed, but will retake SAT instead of ACT.
  • JerseyParentsJerseyParents Registered User Posts: 184 Junior Member
    Nailed our target improved SAT by 100 points according to this years conversion chart
    May SAT will be the last test
  • aegis400aegis400 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    ACT (April) - Composite 30 (English: 33, Math: 31, Reading: 28, Science: 26)
    SAT (January) - 1420 (English: 640, Math: 780), Essay: 24/24

Which test should I focus on?
    I'm currently a Junior
  • givemethtcheesegivemethtcheese Registered User Posts: 38 Junior Member
    Got my score back and received a 34 composite. However, I also received a 28 on my Science section even though I felt pretty good about that section. Is it worth it to have ACT hand grade the science again?
  • writergirl0316writergirl0316 Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    35! (36 E 35 R 34 S 33 M) The exact subscores as my February ACT when I got a 33 C, except I went up seven points in science... Very excited, as I feared my first (lopsided) ACT would have been my weakness for top schools if I had applied with that score.
  • writergirl0316writergirl0316 Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    @givemethtcheese I'd say probably not. The only time I've heard about hand scoring is for the essays, as the MC scanning machine very rarely makes a mistake like that, especially for one section alone. There was some speculation that the science curve would be strict (Reddit seems to think that -1 was a 34).
  • ck0204ck0204 Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Anyone know when the question and answer info is available? (Showing you which questions you got right and wrong; paid extra for this) We got scores last night. Also curious if the answer key is on the website or mailed. Anyone know?
  • junior1818junior1818 Registered User Posts: 58 Junior Member
    Got a 31! 35 E 30 M 31 R 28 S. Better than I expected but retaking.
  • msatoormsatoor Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Are there others who still don't see their score yet?
  • 84stag84stag Registered User Posts: 99 Junior Member
    We don't see our scores yet. Still showing "registered" on ACT site. This is second test for DS, and last time results came out on first day right away.
  • daisddog2daisddog2 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Still no score yet
  • dragonmom3dragonmom3 Registered User Posts: 226 Junior Member
    edited April 18
    No score here.
    Does that mean it won't be available at all today?