Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

ACT Fraud - Taking Test for Someone Else

nathanmcnathanmc Posts: 186Registered User Junior Member
edited January 2007 in ACT Preparation
Anyone ever heard or known of someone using "false identification" and paying someone else to take the ACT/SAT for them?

Just wondering - some friends brought it up last night and were asking me if I thought it would even be possible to do such a thing...

No - I have absolutley no interest in doing this - but it just seems that with such difficulty getting into those "prized top tier schools", students will do whatever possible to get ahead in any way.
Post edited by nathanmc on

Replies to: ACT Fraud - Taking Test for Someone Else

• betterday55betterday55 Posts: 1,465Registered User Senior Member
    i remember last year a CC member had his friend did this. Or, he heard from his friend that did this. I dunno, but people have done this before. I really don't think it's that difficult. Just take a test at a far away test center so no one knows you. The only thing is friends usually won't do that. Just imagine, sitting there 4hrs, taking a test that is not even yours. They must have a damn fine relationship then...
  • betterday55betterday55 Posts: 1,465Registered User Senior Member
    The only thing i can think of is they might compare the hand writing from previous tests. But if that's your first time, i really don't see how they can do that.
  • TheVeganActressTheVeganActress Posts: 6,666Registered User Senior Member
    I think that they only compare the handwriting if it's flagged because of a large difference in scores (at least that's what the SAT does). you'd really have to do it the first time so no one notices.
    The only thing is friends usually won't do that. Just imagine, sitting there 4hrs, taking a test that is not even yours. They must have a damn fine relationship then...
    it's probably based on a lot more than friendship.... there's probably generally a fair amount of cash involved...