Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

What is the best letter to guess on the ACT? Is it C?

orange41orange41 Posts: 199Registered User Junior Member
edited September 2008 in ACT Preparation
I heard it was C, but I can't remember.

Thanks everyone.
Post edited by orange41 on

Replies to: What is the best letter to guess on the ACT? Is it C?

• RahoulVARahoulVA Posts: 1,364Registered User Senior Member
    It's totally random, what are you talking about? I have the answer sheet for June right in front of me, with C and G being the same I believe.

CJBGAFCJAHCFDGCFDHAJBGAJDFAGDFBGCFDGCJDF

That was fora reading section. Science:

DFDJBGCFCGCJAJDGDHBHBGAFCGAHBJDGDFCFCHAJ

You're better off picking one at random, or at least looking at choices and taking of a couple of extreme ones to give yourself a shot. Usually there's one where you have a gut feeling and one you REALLY REALLY want to choose so just choose the gut one if you really can't decide.
  • az1698az1698 Posts: 1,900Registered User Senior Member
    you really shouldn't guess...
  • RahoulVARahoulVA Posts: 1,364Registered User Senior Member
    Too bad not everyone has perfect logic under a time limit and can easily distinguish between an answer and a wrong choice, otherwise everyone would be getting 36. Guessing is part of the ACT, more than the SAT.
  • khoitrinhkhoitrinh Posts: 669Registered User Member
    No... Guessing is for people who suck at test taking. You should always make an educated choice. If it is between 2 or even 3 answers. You should never just randomly guess. There is plenty of time in all of the sections for you to have time to read the questions and eliminate unreasonable answers.
  • halo12003halo12003 Posts: 23Registered User New Member
    ^ ^ ^ not on the reading section for me, math and english i have time and science i barely have like 2 mins
  • khoitrinhkhoitrinh Posts: 669Registered User Member
    Read faster? Its not that hard. I usually have 5 mins left, but I did the real test slower and I had only 3 mins left. Still its not too hard. If you are pushed for time, then learn how to skim a passage instead of reading it word for word. Most questions can be answered by finding stuff in the passage. Only a few require you to understand the passage.
  • kMzkMz Posts: 565Registered User Member
    Random question: Are all official ACT exams, no matter when it is taken, in the same order/same questions/same format? I am taking the ACT tomorrow and have been prepping with a Princeton Review book, and I'm hoping that the practice tests I have been taking are a mirror image of the real thing. So, for example, is it always English, Math, Reading, then Science last?
  • MaTrishMaTrish Posts: 5Registered User New Member
    ^^^yes it is