Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

While general discussion about the ACT test is allowed by ACT, discussion of test questions may violate your agreement with ACT. Please be thoughtful in your posts and replies.

Why is the ACT so much harder than the SAT's?

ch920425ch920425 Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
edited June 2011 in ACT Preparation
I have 700/800/800 on the SAT's superscored (from January and March this year).

I just went to take the ACT today because my counselor told me to try it out.

I felt that the time given was too short for all sections except math. By the time I got to science part, I lost all the motivation and was not able to do half the science questions.

I've had the same amount of prep for both the SAT's and the ACT. I just simply did a couple of practice tests for both tests. However, the ACT felt like it was so much harder because of the amount of time they gave me to do each section. (Read 4 passages and answer 40 questions in 35 minutes? Come on...)

Is it just me, or do other people feel that the SAT's are so much easier than the ACT? I'm expecting like a 20 on the ACT. Should I even bother studying and taking it again in June, or should I just forget about it and stick with my SAT score?

The whole test just made me feel so terrible today...
Post edited by ch920425 on

Replies to: Why is the ACT so much harder than the SAT's?