Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

speeding ticket...?

futurefalcon2011futurefalcon2011 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
Heres the story:

I received a Falcon Foundation scholarship and will be attending Marion in August. I'm also using an AFROTC scholarship to help cover the cost. However, I also received 2 speeding tickets. One in feb.; 81 in a 65, and one in april; 41 in a "20".(supposedly a school zone and not to mention my mom and my 5 year old sister were in the car!) I had my lisence suspended for both of them because I am under 18 and thats what they do automaticly in ohio. I just received my papers for my AFROTC scholarship. I am planning to include these on my "civil involvments". Will this be a problem for either my afrotc scholarship or getting into the academy next year? Any input or suggestions??? Thanks
Post edited by futurefalcon2011 on

Replies to: speeding ticket...?

• shorty528907shorty528907 Posts: 144Registered User Junior Member
    I hope not cuz um I was going what was it close to 70 in a 45. Couldn't talk my way out of it... didn't work. So $100 later here I am I think it was almost a year ago. I put it on my application say I got a speeding ticket where they ask for prior offenses. I guess I will find out.
  • futurefalcon2011futurefalcon2011 Posts: 13Registered User New Member
    yeah, Does anybody think that 2 speeding tickets would be grounds for taking away an appointment? sry. im just kind of stressed out about the whole situation.
  • Bossf51Bossf51 Posts: 2,553Registered User Senior Member
    I don't think so...just be up front and let them know about it...honesty is the best policy...if your overall record is good two speeding tickets shouldn't be a killer...but try to stay clean the rest of the year...anything else might be a deal breaker. Good luck.
  • AFDAD2010AFDAD2010 Posts: 545Registered User Member
    Really, not an issue. You should see how fast some of the jets you'll be flying can go! ;) Seriously, that's just not a worry.