Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Grading at Alfred

BoondocksBoondocks Posts: 309Registered User Member
edited March 2012 in Alfred University
My nephew was just accepted at Alfred and was granted a scholarship; he needs to maintain a 3.0 average to keep it.

How difficult is grading at Alfred? I know this is a nebulous question, but there are colleges where 3.4 is average, and others where they grade much harder than that.

He's not sure what he'll wind up majoring in. Possibilities are biochemistry, art, environmental studies or mechanical engineering (to make the question infinitely more complicated).
Post edited by Boondocks on

Replies to: Grading at Alfred

• spiffyiscoolspiffyiscool Posts: 32Registered User Junior Member
    My DD is a junior at AU, studying Art and Design. She has that scholarship and has maintained the 3.0. Some professors don't grade easily, but she works hard to get her grades.
  • SLUMOMSLUMOM Posts: 3,610Registered User Senior Member
    That is very difficult question! Your nephew may end up in COLA, (College of Liberal Arts), School of Art & Design or School of Engineering, from the potential majors you have posted!

Even his tuition and residency depends on his choice of major: some engineering majors are in-state tuition, the School of Art & Design is a NYS program, so has in-state tuition, COLA is a private program.

Regardless, Alfred University is an excellent choice, our student has done well there.