Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

football players

advertisinggaladvertisinggal Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
edited November 2011 in Amherst College
Wouldn't you love to see the academic profile of the football players at Amherst???
Post edited by advertisinggal on

Replies to: football players

• WestonWeston Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
    Why would I? It is clear that Tips exist, but these are not the dumb jock stereotypes. These are certainly student athletes. I consider that a good thing.
  • kwukwu Posts: 4,759Registered User Senior Member
    Haters gonna hate.
  • NabokovNabokov Posts: 59Registered User Junior Member
    One of my buddies played football for two years and has a 3.97. Neuro major. And I know for a fact that the O-Line's average GPA is higher than the college-wide average. Sure, there are some dumb football guys, but there are also some surprisingly unintelligent kids at Amherst who don't play any sports at all. Get over yourself.
  • advertisinggaladvertisinggal Posts: 84Registered User Junior Member
    You said "dumb football guys"....I didn't
  • WestonWeston Posts: 68Registered User Junior Member
    OK, I have to believe this is a relative thing. There are not all these surprisingly dumb students running all around campus.
  • GA2012MOMGA2012MOM Posts: 4,952Registered User Senior Member
    scholar athletes?

You said "dumb football guys"....I didn't

Don't backpedal now advertisinggal. ;) You inferred it by posting the following on another thread within 5 minutes of your OP on this thread.
    What that means is that almost every varsity athlete gets into Amherst of their own accord and their own academic achievements, and most just happen to play sports (once again, athletic but not jocks). There are certainly a few recruits, but it's a very small number, so most varsity athletes are likely regular-admits who coincidentally play sports.

Are you kidding???

OP, here is a quote from an Amherst student that sums up what is actually the truth about Amherst athletes.
    We’re Division III, but definitely have some DI potential on campus. Our players are really just nerds in uniform, so they chose to come to Amherst to get their game on while maintaining a rigorous academic schedule.