Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Any procrastinators on summer homework?

panpanpanpan Posts: 22Registered User New Member
edited August 2011 in AP Tests Preparation
Out of the 4 AP classes I'm taking, I only have summer homework in one (AP Bio), but the amount is killing me... I have to do about 100 looooong worksheets relating to certain chapters, then write at least 1 page notes for each of them... Then there's a test the day we get back :( And I still gotta do some of my summer reading :(

I'm like 80% done, and there's less than a week til my school starts ... but I just CANT GET MOTIVATED ENOUGH to sit and do it... anyone wanna try motivating me? :(

And, just curious - are any of you on CC procrastinating on summer work too?
Post edited by panpan on

Replies to: Any procrastinators on summer homework?

• jspeed12jspeed12 Posts: 349Registered User Junior Member
    I have a lot of work as well. For AP english I have to read and annotate 3 books and do a quote journal for one. For physics I have 100 problems to do from the first 3 chapters of the book. And for bio I have to read the first 5 chapters of the textbook.
    All I've done so far is read one book...school starts on the 18th. I also have a job which takes up a lot of my time. Procrastination at it's finest.
  • Robodl95Robodl95 Posts: 172Registered User Junior Member
    My second round of English assignments was due yesterday which I procrastinated pretty heavily in (emailed it in an hour before midnight...) and I'm starting to get really worried about Human Geo. I still have to read the book (The Heartless Stone) and start analyzing every chapter for the 5 themes. Other then that I have to do a poster on Of Mice and Men for English (only worried about the art) and worksheets for other classes which aren't too tough
  • iwaitz4uiwaitz4u Posts: 289Registered User Junior Member
    I have to read twelve chapters (out of 36), outline them, and make IDs from my textbook for APUSH. I also have to read Comrade Zinn's A People's History of the United States. I haven't even got my textbook yet. The first day of school is a test for the first three chapters.
  • AstroBlueAstroBlue Posts: 573Registered User Member
    I have homework for ap bio and lang that I haven't started yet. But luckily school starts august 31st for me, so i have some time to procrastinate.
  • mibobsx3mibobsx3 Posts: 54Registered User Junior Member
    Where do you guys live that give so much summer work?? I'm in Cupertino and I have no summer hw for my ap classes this coming senior year. Junior year APUSH I just had to read a Joseph Ellis book then talk about it. Bio was doing book reports...to get EXTRA CREDIT lmao, plus I bsed most of it.
  • TechnoMusicTechnoMusic Posts: 190Registered User Junior Member
    I haven't finished (but I've started) any of the summer work from my 5 AP classes.
  • keeidykeeidy Posts: 158Registered User Junior Member
    My summer work:
    Read Anna Karenina - 800+ pages, so that's fun - for AP Lit
    18 pages of guided notes for AP Bio
    And close to 40-50 assignments for AP Spanish

I've done a good majority of it. 2 weeks left until school.
  • panpanpanpan Posts: 22Registered User New Member
    I still gotta do around 20 more worksheets for AP bio, some summer reading essays, notes for 2 more chapters in bio, and then review my foreign language, Calculus, and Bio to get ready for classes :(

And I got less than 7 days left @_@...
    I could get this all done in like 3 days if I really try.. but for some reason, during the summer, I procrastinate wayyyyy more than during the school year. I just always seem to find distractions :P
  • TechnoMusicTechnoMusic Posts: 190Registered User Junior Member
    You could try the "Buddy System" and finish it with a friend?
  • AimHigh2AimHigh2 Posts: 583Registered User Member
    AP Calc, definitely. It's the only one, but it's been so long. I'll probably buddy up with someone
  • jjscooljjscool Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    I am taking one honors class and an ap class next year and I have a work load of reading the iliad with a report on every book, there are 26 books/chapters. Then I have to read nine chapters out of my ap world book and do about five hours work after to finish questions, vocab, and stuff of that sort. Also, I need to read a two hundred page book for ap world and have to be prepared to answer three essay questions on it. Luckily last summer I got health out of the way, but with this work load I don't know how to handle it. I have three weeks till school starts and I keep making myself do the work, but even with this much time left I don't think I am going to get it done. I also already tried the study buddy method, but unless you can find someone who works the same way you do then your out of luck.
  • mathelamathela Posts: 318Registered User Junior Member
    im not even procrastinating and AP lit is taking forever. i'll still probably finish the day before its due
  • Nin10dude317Nin10dude317 Posts: 336Registered User Junior Member
    I'm so lucky.. I'm taking 5 APs (US Gov, APES, Lit/Comp, Human Geo, Japanese) and none have summer work. Throwing in Physics or Calc didn't seem worthwhile. =)
  • kamnn1kamnn1 Posts: 172Registered User Junior Member
    I have to do some pretty simple rhetorical stuff with the book "In Cold Blood" and a few internet resources for AP Lang, but yeah, I'm still putting it off :P
  • writingdogwritingdog Posts: 122Registered User Junior Member
    I have to read a book and analyze some quotes for Lang, but it shouldn't be too bad.