Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. Get your free copy of the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook and get helpful advice on how to choose a college, get in, and pay for it: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

How to sign up for the AP exam?

lilmelonredlilmelonred Posts: 2,041Registered User Senior Member
edited September 2012 in AP Tests Preparation
I was thinking, how do i sign up for the AP exam if i self study? Do i go to my school and tell them that i'm not taking the course but will self study for the class? Will i still be able to get my fees waived?
Post edited by lilmelonred on

Replies to: How to sign up for the AP exam?

• KathrynWilliamsKathrynWilliams Posts: 30Registered User New Member
    You need to talk to the guidance counselor about it. They can arrange it for you. You basically need to have them buy an exam for you to take. They're like 90$ each. Also as far as financial aid, same story, ask the guidance counselor about it.
  • Smarty1201Smarty1201 Posts: 834Registered User Member
    You don't sign up for the AP exams until April. Just make sure you are signed up before May. Start studying & don't worry about signing up for now. Talk to an AP teacher & ask them where to pay because you pay them at school. If you're taking an AP class, the teacher will give a handout, when AP testing comes around, with the list of all the AP exams & just fill out all the ones you want to take :D it's really nothing to concern about....
  • TechhexiumTechhexium Posts: 624Registered User Member
    You can study for any AP now if you plan things well. In February or March the school will take orders for AP exams and probably give you a form indicating what exam you want to order. In March/April the school orders the exams from CB. But do ask your counselor to make sure you can self-study exams.
  • lilmelonredlilmelonred Posts: 2,041Registered User Senior Member
    Thanks youu (:
    Wait. will they still order even though i'm the only one taking that AP exam?
  • TechhexiumTechhexium Posts: 624Registered User Member
    Depends on the school. I took the AP Computer Science A exam by myself in a computer lab (silly, I know), proctor just kept time and read a book. I also took in the same room the Physics C: Mechanics exam with another person, and that person took Physics C: E&M by himself. Ask your counselor for an definite answer.
    Thanks! (: