Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

barrons vs cliffnotes in ap lit

eckoecko Posts: 213Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2006 in AP Tests Preparation
which one is more accurate ? i know the barrons is hard but how do you know which one would be reliable

say i get 40-50% on the cliff notes and hit all 7's on the essays, what grade do i get on the ap exam?
Post edited by ecko on

Replies to: barrons vs cliffnotes in ap lit

• Physics08Physics08 Posts: 978Registered User Member
    Hm are you saying 40-50% percent right assuming that you've answered all the questions? ....just wondering cuz there is a guessing penalty of minus one fourth point. Anyway if you get 50% right, assuming you answer everything, and get 7 on essays, you would have a composite score of 89.9 which is a 3. You take your multiple choice raw score and multiply that by 1.25. You take the score of all essays, in your case 21 (3 essays of 7), and multiply that by 3.0556. Add the multiple choice and essay subscores together to get composite scores.

The Barron Scale goes:
    108-150 5
    93-107 4
    92- 72 3
    43 - 71 2
    0-42 1
  • Mo MissileMo Missile Posts: 113- Junior Member
    Is barrons harder than the real thing?
  • Physics08Physics08 Posts: 978Registered User Member
    Barron's is generally harder than the real thing. Is "5 steps to a 5 for AP English Lit" a good book? I'm having some trouble with the multiple choice. I have Barron's and APCD, but I may need more practice. Other suggestions?
  • eckoecko Posts: 213Registered User Junior Member
    gotta get a 4....almost there....!!