Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How do you send your AP scores to colleges?

confused_studentconfused_student Posts: 551Registered User Member
edited November 2013 in AP Tests Preparation
Does anybody know how I could send my AP scores to colleges? There are 2 I'm applying to that I would like to send them to, as they could play a role in my admissions process.
Post edited by confused_student on

Replies to: How do you send your AP scores to colleges?

• chickenboi8008chickenboi8008 Posts: 2,500Registered User Senior Member
    ap scores dont do nething to ur admissions. they're used to put u in a higher class (i.e. skipping the freshman level of that class) u put the ap scores that u wanna put in ur apps. they usually have a section for that
  • mcmommcmom Posts: 183Registered User Junior Member
    confused-

There is a phone # on your AP score sheet to call for AP transcripts to be sent to colleges - you can also mail in the request using the form attached to your score report. The cost is $15 each and $25 if you want them rushed.

The prevailing wisdom is indeed as chickenboi stated - that scores are only used after you've been admitted. But I must tell you that in making our college visits the last few months we have had a good number of adreps tell us to include them with the app. This would be particularly true if you attend a HS unknown to the college as well as if the scores are very good because it could show the strenth of your curriculum. In other words, if you think your scores bolster your app and you can afford the $ then by all mean have them sent- but if you don't send them they can't be used against you.
  • kelperkelper Posts: 231Registered User Junior Member
    Are you serious, freaking AP costs so much.
  • foggyfoggy Posts: 137Registered User Junior Member
    So AP scores are not like SAT and Subject Tests where you can go on Collegeboard.com and request that the scores be sent to certain schools?
    There is another current thread about this where some parents said they just photocopied the AP score sheet and sent it, or even just wrote in the scores on the app. Also, some schools seem to include them on the transcript. It seems to be hit and miss which schools want to see the scores with the app, so the best thing would be to contact your colleges and ask and also ask your GC if they're on the transcript before spending the $15 to have them sent to each school.
    Also - foggy
    No, there is no online request for AP transcripts, only phone, mail, or fax.
  • confused_studentconfused_student Posts: 551Registered User Member
    Umm what if you don't have that handy-dandy phone number anymore?
    bump...does anybody have the phone number to call?
    bump again...this phone number would be REALLY helpful...:(
    Hi confused - sorry I didn't see your question sooner but I've been having trouble with this site being slow and kicking me out every time I try to post.

Here's the info - Phone: Toll free Canada and US 888-225-5427
    M-F 8:00am - 4:45pm ET
    or (Toll) 609-771-7300

Fax: 609-530-0482
    E-mail: apexams@info.collegeboard.org
    When you request a transcript they'll ask you the college code # for the colleges you want to receive the report. You can pay by CC over the phone or send check or money order to:
    Ap Exams, PO Box 6671
    Princeton, NJ 08541-6671
    Thank you! And don't worry. I only kept bumping because I figured somebody who open this thread eventually if I kept it up. :)
  • 1938219382 Posts: 1,795Registered User Senior Member
    Why are you sending AP scores? I don't know of a single school that requires AP scores to be directly sent from Collegeboard. You can just write them on.
  • jme614jme614 Posts: 85Registered User Junior Member
    Yeah I just included my AP scores in the "academic honors, etc." (or something like that) box on the common app. My college counselor is also sending them along with my transcript (I don't know if this is an option at your school, but ours told us that she would send them) I've done well on my exams so I figure it can't hurt to include them!
  • PorcelainPorcelain Posts: 171Registered User Junior Member
    I know this is a really old thread, but where do I find the college code # for the college I want to send my scores to?
  • jerrry4445jerrry4445 Posts: 2,741Registered User Senior Member
    College Search - Harvard College - At a Glance (just for an example)

college code is at the top of the page under the name of the college and city, state.