Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

How long are AP tests?

coot66coot66 Posts: 504Registered User Member
edited May 2007 in AP Tests Preparation
Are they really 3 hours and 45 minutes? I have to be some where at 4:00 and my statistics AP starts at 12:00. Will I be able to make it?

-The Hourly Coot66
Post edited by coot66 on

Replies to: How long are AP tests?

• wis3lywis3ly Posts: 761Registered User Member
    Pretty much..if your proctor knows what he/she is doing.
  • concretejungleconcretejungle Posts: 633Registered User Member
    If the test is 3 hr 45 min, I doubt you will make it on time. It'll take time to get started, go through instructions, etc.

Well..maybe you'll make it if your proctor is super amazing.

It still looks doubtful to me.
  • crosscurrentcrosscurrent Posts: 547Registered User Member
    last year we got out of our stats room at 3:55
  • coot66coot66 Posts: 504Registered User Member
    Damn. I can't remember, do they let you leave early if you finish early? If not, could a note from my parents let me do that?

-The Forgetful Coot66
  • thecomisarthecomisar Posts: 2,124Registered User Senior Member
    How important is this place you have to be? Why would you want to leave an AP test early??
  • matty7589matty7589 Posts: 322Registered User Member
    no you absolutely cannot leave early (at least ive never heard of such a thing -- ap test administrations are way more insane than SATs, etc.)
  • Xylem101Xylem101 Posts: 868Registered User Member
    no you absolutely cannot leave early (at least ive never heard of such a thing -- ap test administrations are way more insane than SATs, etc.)

wait so, are you implying that you can leave early on SATs ??
  • matty7589matty7589 Posts: 322Registered User Member
    oh no. im just implying that in general, the testing procedures are much more strict than on the SATs
  • rockermcrrockermcr Posts: 14,670Registered User Senior Member
    The tests usually don't begin at exactly the time they're supposed to. The proctor has to read instructors, and most tests have a short break between multiple choice and free-response questions.
  • coot66coot66 Posts: 504Registered User Member
    Blah. I have a doctors appointment. It's not that I want to miss the AP (though I actually wouldn't mind since I know very, very little AP Stat), but I'd like to be able to leave if I finish early...

-The Doctorish Coot66
  • Ashraf EassaAshraf Eassa Posts: 1,431Registered User Senior Member
    Dude, screw the doctor's appointment...get it out of your mind. If you take the test wanting to finish early to get to the appointment, there's a good chance you won't do your best.
  • thecomisarthecomisar Posts: 2,124Registered User Senior Member
    Reschedule with the doctor, buddy.