Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

How many kids actually get National AP Scholar?

124»

Replies to: How many kids actually get National AP Scholar?

• coffeeaddict914coffeeaddict914 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    To FBItomboy 007: I'm proud to say I go to a public school, and I can't stand it when kids who go to private schools claim to have "superior" educations. At least I can spell "infinitely." That's something I learned in school, but I guess you wouldn't know because you're classes are so much "harder."
  • eobaggseobaggs Registered User Posts: 239 Junior Member
    By quickly adding up all of the juniors who attained national AP Scholar according to the collegeboard data, I came to a total of almost 2000.

The highest concentrations of AP scholars can be found in California, Florida, Massachusetts, and Texas it seems.
  • 5thEagle5thEagle Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    "To FBItomboy 007: I'm proud to say I go to a public school, and I can't stand it when kids who go to private schools claim to have "superior" educations. At least I can spell "infinitely." That's something I learned in school, but I guess you wouldn't know because you're classes are so much "harder."

No need to be such a prick about it though. I go to a public school and agree with you too, but there's no need to be insulting him/her for it. FBI was just making a comment, I'm pretty sure, and he/she is right about taking everything in context.

Also, it would appear that while you can spell "infinitely," you cannot spell "your."

To the poster earlier, you can put them on college applications if you want, but I doubt it's worth much. I received my AP award today.
  • Missy7Missy7 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    So it's true that you do NOT have to be a State AP Scholar to become a National AP Scholar?
  • bobtheboybobtheboy Registered User Posts: 2,216 Senior Member
    So it's true that you do NOT have to be a State AP Scholar to become a National AP Scholar?

State is more difficult than National. National is merely 8 with a score of 4+ and an average of 4 on all taken, while State is the highest # of exams with >3 in your state, then the highest average as a tiebreaker.
  • Nin10dude317Nin10dude317 Registered User Posts: 339 Member
    12 from my school this year, a few more than last. I believe my SD had like 18 total.
  • fruitkissesfruitkisses Registered User Posts: 27 New Member
    do you think its important to get the national ap scholar title?
    im a sophomore and ive already taken 1 ap exam in my freshman year.
    im planning to take 2-4 this year and obviously based on that, take another few to get my 8 ap exams.
    it seems stressful and i dont know if i can handle it.
    i mean is there a difference between taking 8 ap exams and 6?
    should i go for the 8?
124»
This discussion has been closed.