Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

BEST World History Textbook?

futureteacher09futureteacher09 Posts: 135Registered User Junior Member
edited December 2008 in AP Tests Preparation
What do you use for World History? Do u like it? PLS inform me with Book Title/Author/Publisher TY...ISBN if you can
Post edited by futureteacher09 on

Replies to: BEST World History Textbook?

• JacquesPierreJacquesPierre Posts: 64Registered User Junior Member
    I use World Civilizations, AP Edition, by Stearns
    World Civilizations, AP* Edition
  • potentenumpotentenum Posts: 656Registered User Member
    but its so expensive...)=
  • motivated_101motivated_101 Posts: 750Registered User Member
    im self studying apwh now too and i have barrons and princeton review and they seem to be just fine. But then again, im taking world history right now so.......
    I got the stearns book and its really long very veryy boring. I dunno if this helps but good luck!
  • rdh1991rdh1991 Posts: 602Registered User Member
    i second the boring argument
  • omnivoroushippoomnivoroushippo Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    Traditions and Encounters is the textbook we use. It has lots of good notes, and a good resource to use imo. They also have free outlines and chapter quizzes on their website too.
  • potentenumpotentenum Posts: 656Registered User Member
    has anyone self studied world w/o using the textbook? -hopeful look-
  • swamp147swamp147 Posts: 135Registered User Junior Member
    potentum
    I took AP World in my sophomore year, but we didn't even use a textbook in class. I got the AP World review book by the Princeton Review, studied the heck out of it, and got a 5 on the AP. A textbook will help, but for me, it wasn't necessary. For me, the review book gave me enough info to get a 5.
    imo, the multiple choice questions don't require you to know a lot of minor details, just a good understanding of what's going on in the world at any given period.