Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

ap biology- barron's vs cliff's?

sandyatedacookiesandyatedacookie Posts: 39User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
edited April 2009 in AP Tests Preparation
i feel more comfortable with barron's style, because it's easier to read. But cliff notes seems to have more information.

i'm vying for a 5, so can you guys convince me that one book is better and why? :3
Post edited by sandyatedacookie on

Replies to: ap biology- barron's vs cliff's?

• BigIsBigIs Posts: 1,040Registered User Senior Member
    If you think you're 5 material, why not use both?
  • CharliesmomCharliesmom Posts: 65Registered User Junior Member
    My D used PR last year and found it easy to work with and get thru...she got a 5. Good luck.
  • sandyatedacookiesandyatedacookie Posts: 39User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    i do try to read both, but i tend to focus more on barron's and want to make sure im not missing out by not perusing the so-called ap bio "bible", cliff's.

but thanks.
  • infmousinfmous Posts: 72Registered User Junior Member
    CLIFFSS! i used that and got a five, no need for anything else. However i was also a beast at bio and read the whole cambell textbook throughout the year so i didnt have to do as much work
  • kate10662kate10662 Posts: 124Registered User Junior Member
    CLIFFS! I got a 5 using it. It covers all the topics needed for the test both thoroughly and clearly.
  • vasudevankvasudevank Posts: 754Registered User Member
    PR, Barron's and Cliffs all have pretty much the same info. Almost everyone has one of the three, so I don't think you will go wrong with any of them. I know people who have gotten 5's using any one of those 3. Just go with which one you like the most.
  • sandyatedacookiesandyatedacookie Posts: 39User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    all right, thanks guys.

now, i've got to get to work and start studying barron's hard, cuz i've been slacker-ella all school year [: