Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Is ASU a good school?

G-U-NOTG-U-NOT Posts: 812Registered User Member
edited August 2006 in Arizona State University
They accept around 90%. I kinda want to go here till I think of the heat and no winter.
Post edited by G-U-NOT on

Replies to: Is ASU a good school?

• alannancpalannancp Posts: 371Registered User Member
    There are some really good programs at ASU, so it depends on what you'll be majoring in.

It is definitely hot during the summer, but there are plenty of ways to escape the heat. There are mountians nearby, so during the winter you can take a nice sking trip up there if you want.
    Tempe is a good college town with plenty to do nearby-good resturants, Diamondbacks baseball, great music scene, good shoping, good parties.
  • smart&blonde<3smart&blonde<3 Posts: 184Registered User Junior Member
    ASU does accept 90% of its applicants, but quite a few majors are considered pre-professional programs until the student is accepted into the professional program after the sophomore year. That application is usually way more competitive. So yes, they do accept a lot.... but there are more steps to pass through in the future.
  • *devo**devo* Posts: 143Registered User Junior Member
    I think ASU is a good school but there are just too many students. It could be a great school if ASU could focus its attention and resources on 1/2 to 2/3 of the students they currently have.