Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Is There Travel Time Between College Classes?

Sally_RubenstoneSally_Rubenstone CC Admissions Expert Posts: 3,591 Senior Member
Question: This may be the dumbest college question in the world … so dumb that I was embarrassed to ask my tour guide when I visited a college that I really want to go to. I had been looking at the courses I could take there, and there is one course I really like that meets three hours per week—Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 9 a.m. and then another course I also want to take that happens to meet three hours per week–Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 10 a.m. The campus is pretty big and I think that it would take nearly 10 minutes to get from one class to the next, even on a bike. So does that mean I can’t sign up for the 10 o’clock class if I’m taking the 9? I don’t want to walk in late every day. My high school has a three-minute “pass time” between classes. I’m wondering if colleges do the same, although three minutes doesn’t seem like it would be nearly enough time for me to cross the campus.

WHAT DID "THE DEAN" SAY?

See http://www.collegeconfidential.com/dean/travel-time-college-classes/