So far we have a good handle on most of these things. Schools that did not fit academically were ruled out before any recruiting happened. She also narrowed down schools based on competition schedule so she would not miss too many days of classes. The most she will miss is 6 class days over 16 weeks or so of competition. Training year round is a given so not really a question.
She is thinking about medical school and sports are a way to help pay for undergrad so she doesn't have to take out loans, no aspirations of playing after college.
Geography is her hardest decision. She "likes" the program closest to us but we think for all the wrong reasons. It's the program we like the least for her (and it's our alma matter so that is saying something). The school is a great fit, the coach and the team is not. If she wasn't playing sports, we would be fine with her going there except she can't afford to go there without sports.
No idea about preference for courses or dorms. All of the schools she is considering are small enough that it won't make much, if any, difference.
She will defiantly study abroad, but probably a summer trip somewhere, which, playing her sport, makes affordable for her because she won't have to pay much, if anything for tuition, etc.
Stuff outside of sports has been carefully looked into. Our oldest ended up in a situation where the campus was a ghost town on weekends, lesson learned there.
I guess it is just more of the unknown about how all of this happens having never had a recruited athlete in the family. Right now her favorite coach is at her least favorite school and her favorite school has her least (or our least anyway) coach. Too bad they can't switch schools. MY favorite 2 schools have both--being that I am not 17, I can see these things a little better than her