What are my chances of getting in here?
here is basic stuff:
-Female, Costa Rican, from Manhattan (will not need financial aid)
- I go to an extremely competitive,prestigious private school that I know carries a lot of weight at many colleges. My school does not calculate GPA, nor do we have any type of advanced classes. We also never give out A+.
- My grades junior year have been: 1 A-, 3 B+, 2 B, 1 C+ (first semester) second semester: 2 A-, 2 B+, 2 B, 1 B-
- My 1st semester senior classes:
- Spanish VI, PreCalc, Physics, Economics (history class), South American Lit., Arabic (independent study), Social Justice (ethics course)
- I've done 120 hours of community service so far
- I've worked for two years with a non-profit organization, planning (successful) charity events for it with a small group of friends
- Started a club at my school in connection with the organization
- Write for the school newspaper
- Avid member of enviornmental club
- I have participated in Model UN at Yale for the past 2 years
- I have an AGI internship this summer
- I've done a lot of other EC's but nothing major like these. The things I have listed are the EC's I'm really passionate about
SAT scores: 1940 (first time) Verbal-680 Math- 620 Writing- 640, Sat II 2C: 720. I didn't study the first time, I got a tutor for when I take it in October so I'm hoping for about 200 points greater.
Haven't taken ACT or the other two SAT II's yet.