Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

***Bentley Class of 2021 RD Applicant Results Thread***

15678911»

Replies to: ***Bentley Class of 2021 RD Applicant Results Thread***

• iluvnaplesiluvnaples Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    We never had a conversation with Bentley regarding our daughter's decision to apply ED. She knew she wanted the school and had ruled others out (NE, Villa Nova) after touring schools. So, she just applied ED knowing if accepted, she would be going anyway, regardless of merit money. I think you are likely correct about the merit money due to gender now that you have pointed it out.
  • robinleckeyrobinleckey Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    @schak123 Bentley was my reach school, not really my dream school. I never visited it. I'm most likely attending PSU Main Campus in the Summer!
  • schak123schak123 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    @robinleckey PSU -Smeal College of Business is a great school and their business program is well respected in the industry.

Good luck
  • ttw2017ttw2017 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know when Acceptance Students Day is?
  • bentleyCTmombentleyCTmom Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    Saturday, April 8th.

http://www.bentley.edu/undergraduate/admitted-students/admitted-student-events

It's a wonderful day. I highly recommend attending.
  • TL22TL22 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I got wait listed, but I received an e-mail from Air Concepts USA about a package that Bentley is sending. Does this mean that I have been accepted or is this some sort of misunderstanding?
  • lpkillz123lpkillz123 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Students of color, have fun at Bentley lmao...
  • Malmik06Malmik06 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
    Hey, @Ipkillz123 what do you mean by that ? Is the school not diverse?
  • lpkillz123lpkillz123 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    edited April 15
    @Malmik06 I'm a current student at Bentley and I'm currently transferring out. There is a really small population of students of color on campus and they all clump together. Most of the white students are from small towns in New Englang and exemplify the frat boys and sorority girls stereotype, very few students of color are involved in greek life on campus and greek life is pretty huge.

If you're a student of color on campus, you may find it hard to be yourself and explore your interests. The campus has a nice campus feel to it, but you may feel limited after awhile in that part of Waltham. There's also very few clubs on campus.

Regardless, it has a good business program and career placement after you graduate.

My opinion is based of off my own experience and other students of color I'm friends with. I strongly recommend you visit the campus and on a school day and converse with the students there.
  • Soakes99Soakes99 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Anyone who was waitlisted hear back yet? Just wondering, they said late April - mid May.
  • jeffc14jeffc14 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I got a call today, I was accepted thank god. Good luck to you
  • 01fashion01fashion Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @jeffc14 omg wow! I'm on the waitlist, so I hope I get off soon!
  • MassDaD68MassDaD68 Registered User Posts: 1,266 Senior Member
    They take quite a bit off the waitlist. My son did not go because of cost. He has talked to others who could not afford to go to Bentley either after being accepted. That is the main reason - cost. If you have it covered and can be a full pay at $70K/year then you should be fine once you get the call. Good luck.
  • Soakes99Soakes99 Registered User Posts: 57 Junior Member
    Just heard back, didn't get in. That's fine by me, I think ill be happy where i'm going next year! I probably wasn't going to get enough money from Bentley anyway.
  • jeffc14jeffc14 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Where did you end up going? I feel like I'm the only one taken off the waitlisted as I am going to Bentley next year..
15678911»