Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chance Me Please

SUNDAE101SUNDAE101 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
Hello,

I am a current high school junior at a competitive high school.
Here are my stats:
Weighted GPA: 3.78
Unweighted GPA: 3.58(pretty bad)
SAT's:1400/1600(Planning to take it again, though)
Intended Major: Finance
I had an upward trend throughout (9-11)( I took no honors or AP classes freshman year, and then slowly worked my way up)
Took a lot of honors classes in 10th and 11th
Current AP Classes: AP Calculus AB, AP Physics 1, AP Microeconomics, AP Computer Science Principles
Next Year's AP's: AP calculus BC, AP Bio, AP Gov Pol, AP French, AP Stat
EC: FBLA(Placed at State Conference), Black Belt, NHS, French Honor Society, XSTEM(mentor younger students in STEM field), played piano for 8 years
Volunteer: Library, Religious School, Autism Center
Trying to get a leadership position in one of my clubs for next year
Summer: I am working on a research project with a professor and I want to get an internship in Finance to do in the summer
College Visits: Have visited 2/3 schools
Please Chance me for Bentley University, Boston University, Kelley School of Business, UMich
My dream school is Boston University(but i know its crazy hard to get into) ......

Replies to: Chance Me Please

• JGDutchmenJGDutchmen Registered User Posts: 4 New Member
    I figured I could help out since I have very comparable stats. I had about the same GPA, a 1480/1600 on the SAT, same upwards trend, similar AP courseload, lots of extracurriculars, and what I believe helped me the most was really strong essays:
    I got into Bentley with a 1/2 tuition presidential merit scholarship

I got waitlisted from UMich OOS (also figured I'd let you know that my sister goes there, and had a grandparent attend but even that couldn't get me in)

I also had two friends apply to BU, one of which was waitlisted with a 3.8 GPA and 33 ACT and the other was recruited for a sports team and got in with a 3.35 GPA and 1100 SAT (Needless to say the first friend was annoyed at the second friend)