Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Bentley University

01fashion01fashion Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
Does anyone know about the chances of getting off the waitlist for Bentley University? Does being able to pay without financial assistance affect my chances in some way?

Replies to: Bentley University

• Nash17Nash17 Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    I don't know about your chances regarding the waitlist...were you waitlisted as an incoming freshman or transfer applicant? Also, allowing the school to know you do not need financial assistance can't hurt. I would inform them.
  • 01fashion01fashion Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    @Nash17 incoming freshman and thank you!
  • suzyQ7suzyQ7 Registered User Posts: 2,811 Senior Member
    @01fashion being full pay absolutely will help. Call and email and tell them how interested you are and you would accept immediately if taken off the waitlist.
  • jeffc14jeffc14 Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    I was removed off the waitlist and was given a really good amount of financial aid
    @jeffc14 did you send any extra recommendation letters or anything else? Did you call them or got a chance for an interview?
    I didn't send anything extra, I didn't call, I didn't set up an interview. I just let it be and let time do its job, it was unexpected because I got the call during school.
    @jeffc14 Well Congrats! Good luck at Bentley! :) What's your major by the way?
    Thank you very much, I will be majoring in economic-finance, and good luck to you!
  • MassDaD68MassDaD68 Registered User Posts: 1,222 Senior Member
    @jeffc14 Interesting. You are the first person I have heard that received it. Good for you. Bentley is a good school and I am glad they were able to put together a package for you to attend. My son was not so lucky.
    Main reason was because I was waitlisted from the STEP program which has 25 open spots which is a very competitive program. I received my acceptance via a call and my financial package via a call, what I heard was affordable so I will be attending Bentley and the STEP program, I'm sorry about your son, hope he is going to a college he really likes.