Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Definite chance of being rescinded?

telendantelendan Posts: 1Registered User New Member
I am very happy to have been accepted into Cal for this upcoming fall as a freshman. However, about an hour before I found out I was accepted, I realized that I had misreported a grade. I received a B in my second semester of AP Language and Composition my junior year, and I accidentally entered an A on my application.

Obviously under their terms it says that if "any information you submitted on your application for admission does not agree with official documentation" you will be rescinded.

Is there anyway possible that they will be lenient? It's not that big of a change, and I certainly didn't get in because of my grades.
Post edited by telendan on

Replies to: Definite chance of being rescinded?

• kindernykinderny Posts: 1,384Registered User Senior Member
    Two answers-
    1) no way you will be rescinded for a minor error that they can verify if/when they see your transcript
    2) never feed a **** ;)
  • ddraybew44ddraybew44 Posts: 12Registered User New Member
    if it was "no way" anyone could be rescinded for changing a letter grade, then every1 would bump a grade up just for the hell of it. there's definitely a chance, u just have to hope that wut u said about not gettin in because of grades is true
  • nonesuchnonesuch Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    The simple thing to do is write a letter to admissions, right now, just like you would have if you'd spotted this error last week, state your concerns, and include a copy of your latest transcript. (There's a fax number to send such letters to, or you can use old-fashioned snail-mail and use priority-mail delivery confirmation to be sure they get it.) I'm just a parent, not an admissions person, but I think it very unlikely that this change would shift your GPA significantly. And you will get some points for doing this promptly. In the extremely unlikely event they decided to institute some new policy to nail every kid for every single error, better to find out now, rather than in mid-July when they open your final transcript. I know a current Cal student who dropped an important class midway through the process...and made it through just fine...but he told Admissions about the change.
  • cbush9cbush9 Posts: 7Registered User New Member
    I have a similar question. I am currently in Accounting 1-2, and quickly found out that the class is poorly run and really a waste of time. I want to drop it for the last quarter of high school, but I originally reported to Berkeley that I was taking both quarters of it. Could dropping this class possibly get my acceptance rescinded? My counselor seems to think that it could, but I don't see why Berkeley would care if I dropped a pointless Accounting class.
  • kindernykinderny Posts: 1,384Registered User Senior Member
    My D dropped chemistry second half of senior year and never even reported it- no issues. I disagree that Cal will be concerned about 1 class, as long as the rest of the course rigor is maintained. But why not just call Cal and ask?