Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

College Confidential’s “Dean,” Sally Rubenstone, put together 25 of her best tips. So far, the "25 Tips from the Dean" eBook has helped more than 10K students choose a college, get in, and pay for it. Get your free copy: http://goo.gl/9zDJTM

Admission result

bobbob924bobbob924 Posts: 70Registered User Junior Member
edited April 2012 in Bowdoin College
When is Bowdoin announce RD result?
Post edited by bobbob924 on

Replies to: Admission result

• Glorious23Glorious23 Posts: 27Registered User New Member
    Some people have already received their decisions while many have yet to. You will most likely receive your decisions within the next week, although sometimes geographical location will alter arrival by a few days.

Good luck!
  • notakidnotakid Posts: 688Registered User Member
    Target date for mailing set for March 23. Assume that still holds.
  • carboncarbon Posts: 196Registered User Junior Member
    ^ Does that include international students. I'm hoping they email me otherwise I wouldn't get my results for quite a while.
  • toraseetorasee Posts: 558Registered User Member
    The Bowdoin admissions director is quoted today on the Bowdoin website confirming that the decisions will indeed be mailed tomorrow (Friday, March 23). Start looking in the mail on Saturday. In the past, applicants with non-U.S. addresses have received their decisions by e-mail so you can start checking e-mail on Friday!!!
  • myfriendmyfriendmyfriendmyfriend Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    According to Bowdoin's facebook page, international students will be emailed by Monday, March 26th. Best of luck!
  • alibhaialibhai Posts: 141Registered User Junior Member
    Its Monday in Pakistan and I still don't have my letter! I can't wait for any longer. :(
    when they say 'by Monday, Match 26th', shouldn't they mean before Monday? :(
  • prostozinaprostozina Posts: 296Registered User Junior Member
    I think it means before or on Monday.
    And it's still Sunday in the USA...
    yes, but they can't mail decisions on a Sunday, can they?
  • prostozinaprostozina Posts: 296Registered User Junior Member
    I think no, so we'll have to wait
    I just got the email. Wait list.
  • ashkenazyashkenazy Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    I got the email too... Rejected... oh well....-_-||
  • AmericancollegeAmericancollege Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    I got the e-mail... Wait-listed -_-
  • AmericancollegeAmericancollege Posts: 10Registered User New Member
    Can anyone post their rejection and wait-list letters or e-mails I'd like to see how generic or personal they are
  • inaperfectworldinaperfectworld Posts: 73User Awaiting Email Confirmation Junior Member
    Dear Random Applicant,

During the past few weeks, the members of the Admissions Committee have been
    deeply involved in reading and evaluating applications for the Bowdoin College
    Class of 2016.

With regret, I write to inform you that you have not been offered admission to
    Bowdoin. I want to assure you that your application was reviewed carefully by
    several members of the staff before it was considered by the full Admissions
    Committee. It was clear to us that you have accomplished a great deal during
    your high school years, and that you have the potential to do well in college.
    Unfortunately, given Bowdoin’s small size and record 6,705 applications for
    admission, it is not possible for us to offer a place in the class to all of
    the candidates who possess such potential.

I am sorry to have to deliver this news. Thank you for considering Bowdoin,
    and for taking the time to prepare your application. My colleagues and I wish
    you the very best as you continue your education.

Scott A. Meiklejohn
    Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid

I expected a nicer letter from them...