Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Transferring into BYU... How hard is it to get accepted?

psychologypugpsychologypug Posts: 3Registered User New Member
edited October 2011 in Brigham Young University
I am currently enrolled in fall semester 2011 at a small university in southern Utah. I recently returned from an LDS mission 2 months ago and am seriously intending to apply to BYU-Provo as a transfer student. Before my mission I earned my Associates degree.

What are my chances of getting accepted?

My stats are:

College GPA: 3.59
Major: Psychology
Year: Junior
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Returned missionary
Eagle Scout, duty to God, seminary graduate
Many service hours

Thank you in advance for your help. =)
Post edited by psychologypug on

Replies to: Transferring into BYU... How hard is it to get accepted?

• psychologypugpsychologypug Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Does anyone view these posts?
  • Good2BeAGangsterGood2BeAGangster Posts: 1Registered User New Member
    I don't know too much about BYU acceptance rates and who is more likely to get accepted. I feel like returning has a missionary would give you some sort of leg up. I got accepted to BYU Provo as a transfer for Winter 2011 and I had a GPA of 3.18, I think with a 3.59 you should be fine because I know a girl who got accepted as a freshman (which I've heard is a much harder feat.!) with a 3.5 :) Just do really well on your essays and it looks like all your credentials in place! I think thats the only reason they accepted me haha! Competitive GPA is 3.3 so you're fine!