Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Class of 2016 Brown RD Applicants

ivydreamer48ivydreamer48 Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
edited March 2012 in Brown University
Hey everyone! I have seen this type of thread for other Ivies so I thought I would start one for Brown. Personally, I know that I have sent out my applications and I am very nervous to see what the results will be. So I open the floor to discussions: questions, sharing stats, opinions, etc... The first thing I want to say is I wish all of the RD applicants the best of luck!
Post edited by ivydreamer48 on

Replies to: Class of 2016 Brown RD Applicants

• CalexicoCalexico Posts: 128Registered User Junior Member
    Can anyone here help indicate how selective Brown is compared to UChicago? Maybe know of some people who applied to both and were accepted at 0/1/2 of these schools? Thanks.

I applied and am really interested in attending. I haven't visited but would like to once the first semester of senior year ends. My brother and parents looked over most of my supplemental essays. I did not show them parts of my Brown supplement, for better or worse.
  • lifeisbeautiful9lifeisbeautiful9 Posts: 71Registered User Junior Member
    Joining this thead! I love Brown's open curriculum :D
    I'm applying for engineering. anyone else?
  • ivydreamer48ivydreamer48 Posts: 138Registered User Junior Member
    I also love the open curriculum and I applied to the PLME program since I dream of being a doctor. I took a tour of Brown last summer and I was sold. I love the atmosphere and the location and I just felt so happy when I was there, I really hope I get in!
  • DMA017DMA017 Posts: 759Registered User Member
    Brown is hands down my number #1 school;I don't know what I'd do if I don't get in. I think most persons who apply to Brown love the open curriculum,lol.

I've never visited Brown - only through youtube videos and trusty google maps- but I knew from what I saw and read that Brown is where I want to be for the next 4 years. I drank the proverbial Brown kool-aid, lol!

P.S. you guys should definitely check out blogdailyherald.com, it has me in stitches everyday.
  • billy0307billy0307 Posts: 9Registered User New Member
    have you received confirmation email from Brown for your application ?
  • Rush10Rush10 Posts: 889Registered User Member
    Hello fellow Brown RDers. Kind of off topic, but do you guys know what Brown sees as "typical assets" for financial aid?
    I have not yet received my confirmation email but I have gotten confirmation emails from other schools that I applied to so I am assuming the email will be arriving very soon. As for the assets, I am curious about that myself.
  • NewtocollegeNewtocollege Posts: 332Registered User Member
    No confirmation here either, but they have thousands to weed through. I did see they downloaded everything on Naviance though.
  • drinkyouprettydrinkyoupretty Posts: 159Registered User Junior Member
    I got an email around 2 days after submitting my app. It said: "In order to use this online tracking feature, you will need your own Brown username and password, which we will send to you via email within a couple of weeks from today." I still haven't received those, but I suppose I'll have them by February.
    Yeah admissions officers have so many applications so it will probably take a couple of weeks to update statuses of applicants and they should be sending out confirmations soon, I am just wondering about interviews, I wonder if there are Brown alumni in NJ so i can get one!
    Am I the only one who is nervous about interviewing? :/ I mean I'm not a great conversationalist so I'm worried I'll have a super freudian slip and say the wrong thing.
  • Tizil7Tizil7 Posts: 1,686Registered User Senior Member
    Lifeisbeautiful, I am applying for engineering as well :)

Billy, I did get my confirmation email and I can track my application via their website.

DMA, did you get an interview call already? :eek:
    <-- Engineering here.

Does anyone want to read over my Brown application and give me a straight-up answer as to how good (or bad) they are? All of my friends are like "oh, they're great," but obviously they won't say they're bad to my face.
    @Tizil7 lol no. I'm just freaking out about the thought of messing up in the interview.
    What is there to mess up?