Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Joint Majors in Economics and Computer Science?

walkmanchowalkmancho Posts: 26Registered User New Member
edited May 2011 in Business Major
Hey! A couple of days ago I was thinking if there was a major that could bring together my biggest two passions, computer and economics. Browsing cc i found that NYU offers a joint program of Econ and CS. So, I wanna know how do these programs work? And after graduating what can I do with it. I am mostly interested in the international aspect of economics, and since I am an immigrant and I speak three major languages already; i think i have some potential to be exploded there.

Thank you!
Post edited by walkmancho on

Replies to: Joint Majors in Economics and Computer Science?

• Inmotion12Inmotion12 Posts: 1,042Registered User Senior Member
    That was actually my intended double major at one time, until I realized just how much a committment the CS major actually was and that I didn't want to be in front of a computer my whole life. I think it's a terrific idea, especially if you have a love for both subjects. Those degrees would make you very marketable for a ton of jobs, and good paying ones at that and you will come out of college with a very analytical, problem-solving, strong decision-making mind, which will likely lead to success.
  • venacava3venacava3 Posts: 3Registered User New Member
    Sorry this is late but I am also looking into combining CS and Econ and was wondering if there were any other good colleges that would allow me to do so!
  • EngineerjwEngineerjw Posts: 1,136Registered User Senior Member
    It seems like the double major would be good for quant. i-banking.
  • willpostforfoodwillpostforfood Posts: 26Registered User New Member
    bump bump bump