Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Corporate Communication Vs Business Marketing

walterblancowalterblanco Posts: 1Registered User New Member
edited July 2012 in Business Major
The business school at my school, UT Austin is very, very competitive and I cannot get in. I know some people will say "try harder" but in all honesty it's too late. I really would like to do something business related post grad and the communication school offers a degree called "corporate communication". An advisor mentioned to me that this was like a marketing degree for people who cannot get into McCombs, so I figured that fit me quite well. What have any of you heard about this degree, or what would I be able to do with it when I graduate? I also plan on minoring in either economics or business admin, so some pros and cons about those two would be great as well. Thanks in advance
Post edited by walterblanco on

Replies to: Corporate Communication Vs Business Marketing

• blueappleblueapple Posts: 118Registered User Junior Member
    It seems like a good alternative if you cannot get into McCombs. Can you take courses there? For instance, those in the College of Arts and Sciences at UPenn can take (I believe) 4 courses at Wharton for fulfilling their elective requirements. Pointing something like this out on your resume would look good, especially if you can get a high average grade on those courses.