Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Got into the wrong school!

NaturedNatured Posts: 4Registered User New Member
edited November 2012 in Business Major
Hi I am a student doing freshman engineering at Purdue. After going through the first semester I feel I can do better in the business schools and in fact I feel that is where I can thrive more. But the problem is Purdue doesn't have the best MBA program, compared to the top Ranked schools out there. How can I transfer to Harvard or UChicago? I really need to get out of here!
Post edited by Natured on

Replies to: Got into the wrong school!

• kinley14966kinley14966 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    It doesn't matter if Purdue doesn't have the best MBA program. You cant do a MBA program until after an undergraduate degree and some kind of work experience.

Plus, transferring to one of those top ranked schools is not very realistic.
  • NaturedNatured Posts: 4Registered User New Member
    So to do an MBA program is there a certain degree MBA graduate school prefers over the others? I mean with hard work and passion it can not be difficult.
  • kinley14966kinley14966 Posts: 14Registered User New Member
    I mean a business degree Im sure helps, but your work experience is very important. I doubt that your will get into a top MBS program right out of undergrad. Highly unlikely.
  • xelinkxelink Posts: 1,124Registered User Senior Member
    MBA admissions look most at

Work Experience
    GMAT
    Undergrad Institution
    GPA
    Major

Your major is very low on the list of things to worry about. Harder majors result in a lesser impact on GPA. Full time work experience and GMAT still matter most. You'll need good internships and a high GPA to get a good FT job.