Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community polls, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

Finance - CSU, CSUF, or Cal Poly Pomona

aset2012aset2012 Posts: 7Registered User New Member
edited April 2013 in Business Major
Hello fellow students,

I applied to 4 universities (Cal Poly Pomona, Cal state Fullerton, Cal State Long Beach, and Baruch college in New York). I got admission offers from Cal Poly Pomona, CSUF, and CSULB. I want to go to Baruch college in NY because I'm majoring in Finance. Still hoping to get in even the acceptance rate is 22%.

In case of not getting admission offer from Baruch college where should I go.
Which of these Cal State Universities have best program in Finance.

PS: I'm transferring from Seattle, WA (tired of rainy weather)
Post edited by aset2012 on

Replies to: Finance - CSU, CSUF, or Cal Poly Pomona

• Ricky21Ricky21 Posts: 31Registered User Junior Member
    I'm aso on the same boat, I am debating between Fullerton and Pomona.
  • XtremePowerXtremePower Posts: 1,661Registered User Senior Member
    This is how I would rank them:
    1. Baruch
    (a big difference)
    2. Pomona
    3. Long Beach
    3. Fullerton(tie)

If you get accepted to Baruch, definitely go there. If you don't, go with Pomona as it is considered better than Cal State LB and F. Fullerton and Long Beach are on the same level. Choose whichever one is closer to your home.
  • jacefromLAjacefromLA Posts: 317Registered User Member
    1. Baruch
    2. Long Beach
    3. Fullerton (tie)
    4. Pomona (tie)

Baruch is number because it is pretty much a college mostly focused on business. Long Beach is second because they have a strong business program among the CSUs. Pomona and Fullerton are kind of in the same rank. Fullerton is also well known for business, and Pomona is good, but it is a school mostly focused on engineering, so I am not too sure how strong their business program is in general.